Updated as of June 11, 2021

Vaccinated or Not, Please Mask Up

Can I Come Visit Right Now? Yes!  Book your reservations online HERE

Text Editor

Why Stay at the Bird Rock Hotel?

  • We’ve moved to a completely touch-free check-in procedure
  • We have ceased food service (no breakfast, no afternoon cookies) for the time being to eliminate unnecessary risks to you and our staff.
  • We monitor our employee's health daily and don't permit anybody to work if presenting with any Covid-19 related symptoms.
  • Many of our rooms feature microwaves, mini-fridges and coffee makers so that you can bring your own food if you’d like and keep the beer and ice cream cold.
  • We are located in the heart of Friday Harbor within walking distance to all restaurants, museums, sights and shops.
  • We’ve implemented customer service, maintenance and housekeeping protocols which ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff alike.
  • Our limited, contact-free Housekeeping will ensure that you’ll have everything you’ll need, without having people come into your room.
  • Do you have any questions or concerns for your next getaway? Please contact us, we’d love to chat with you.
Lime Kiln Lighthouse - San Juan Island
Text Editor

What if I Have to Cancel? We process a 10% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. You then have up until 3 days before your check in date to cancel without being charged the remaining 90%.  If you must cancel due to unforeseen travel restrictions, illness or other COVID-19 related issues, we will save your deposit on file for use towards a future reservation within the calendar year. 

Roche Harbor Sculpture Park
Text Editor

Is There Enough to Do on San Juan Island Right Now?

Yes! We feel blessed that many of the island’s most popular activities provide natural social distancing:  like hiking, biking, birding, whale and wildlife watching from land. Find the 5 Most Exhilarating San Juan Island Hikes here. You can even use our self-check-out complimentary beach cruiser bikes for a ride to the nearest beach. Other great activities during your stay might include:

  • A stroll through the 20-acre San Juan Sculpture Park on the north end of the isle
  • Birding on Mt Young
  • A sunset stroll at Lime Kiln State Park
Text Editor

Are the Restaurants Open?  Restaurants are all currently offering take out, limited indoor and plenty of outdoor dining. Why not pick up lunch and dine on the docks watching Friday Harbor’s sailboats bob in the water?  Or head to the Whale Watch Park and dine at a picnic table overlooking the serene Salish Sea.  Want something super chill?  How about pizza, beer and a movie in your comfy bed?

Is the Spa at Your Sister Hotel Open for Us to Use? Yes! The spa at the Earthbox is open and offers massages, facials, sugaring & eye lash extensions.  Please book your appointment online or call the Spa directly at 360.378.3383 to book your treatment.

Text Editor

Bring Your Own PPE / Face Masks are Required in San Juan County: We urge you to bring your own Personal Protection Equipment. Masks are required in all public interior spaces and outside when you can't maintain six feet separation from others. The availability of masks, gloves and hand sanitizer on the island may be limited at times.

How Do I Travel Safely to San Juan Island Right Now? We recommend taking the Washington State Ferry from Anacortes and that you stay in your car during the one-hour ride over or plan on wearing your PPE.


Last But Not Least!  We love what we do and we love YOU! Making your day and making your stay is what we live for. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and learning how to be there for you while we social distance is the hardest part of trying to figure out where to go from here. We are committed continuing to provide the service that you deserve!  We are here for you. If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to make a reservation, please don’t hesitate to call us at 800.352.2632 or 360.378.5848.

Bird Rock Hotel Washington